What is the Eastvalley Education Enrichment Campaign?
(To donate, send in cash/check through your student's folder for the Early Bird Donors or go to our online site — link will be posted right here when campaign launches in the fall.)
The Eastvalley Education Enrichment Campaign is the collaborative annual fundraiser to enhance our children’s education with funds that the PTA and Foundation use to support Eastvalley through:
- Programs to encourage higher reading:
EVRC (Eastvalley Reading Club), Books for Breakfast
iPad carts, Document Cameras, WiFi access in trailers
- Family Involvement Events:
Fall Festival, International Night, Friends & Family Lunches
- Student Success:
Art Appreciation, Field Trip Funds, Science Lab Teacher
- Teacher Support:
Staff Appreciation, Teacher and Classroom Supply Funds, Support for Specialists, Grant Opportunities, and Curriculum Enhancements for each grade level
Goals this year:
- Raise $65,000 to continue to fund our Science Lab teacher, Westby Slade, to enhance the Science curriculum with hands-on experiments
- Fund the PTA budget, including $9,000 in teacher supply funds
- Ground maintenance for the soccer field and playgrounds
- Technology updates
- Provide financial support for each grade level team and grants to teachers
Why Should I Contribute?
- Support from parents and families is essential to fund these programs and upgrades — without financial support, programs will be cut. PTA does not have a budget unless we meet our goals.
- 100% of this fundraiser stays at Eastvalley and impacts your child. Other fundraising programs take more than 50% of the proceeds.
- The benefits of this campaign are immediate. We will begin to purchase technology before the end of this semester!
- The PTA and Foundation will not ask for you for money again this school year. You will have the opportunity to purchase spirit wear, donate to your child's classroom or help another worthy cause (Chorus, Relay for Life) but this is our only fundraiser for Eastvalley.
Don't our taxes pay for public school?
Local county property taxes to the Cobb County School District pay for teachers' salaries, basic facility maintenance and some technology, but support is being reduced every year, so teachers and students go without. All East Cobb elementary schools now have Foundations and are implementing campaigns like this to raise money.
How can I help?
The Campaign will kick off in mid- August. Please make a donation to invest in your child's education. Once the campaign launches you can make a payment online. You can mail checks now to Eastvalley Elementary School Foundation, Inc. (EVESF), 2146 Roswell Road, Suite 108-1012, Marietta, Georgia 30062.